We realize that participating in an alternate mode of transportation may require a little extra planning and coordination to achieve time and money benefits. MCCCD's Trip Reduction Program seeks to provide incentives that encourage and thank you for doing your part to clean the air.
Ease the Pressure, Acknowledge Your Efforts
Alternative Work Schedules:
- include telecommuting, flex-scheduling, job-sharing and more.
- offer an opportunity to help "clean the air".
- provide better balance between work/personal time.
- is one of the most coveted benefits an employer can offer.
- gain hours of coverage for business services without paying overtime wages.
Preferred Parking is provided at most campuses for individuals who carpool or vanpool. Requirements for Preferred Parking:
- all carpool partners are licensed drivers;
- by carpooling a single occupancy vehicle is removed from the road at least two days per week; and
- the primary driver works at the location where the parking space is issued. Assigned parking spaces are based on availability.
The Preferred Parking form (doc) is available online.
Reduce your driving and bring your child to work where on-site childcare is available:
Full-time and part-time employees who commute at least four days a week and ride the bus at least one of those days, are eligible for the discount.
Showers and Lockers
Showers and lockers are available at most sites for those who bike or walk to work.
Guaranteed Ride Home
Afraid of being stranded if you carpool or take the bus? Registered alternate mode users who carpool, ride the bus, bike, or walk are guaranteed a ride home should an emergency situation occur.
Drawings and Prize Awards
Drawings for great prizes such as certificates to restaurants and amusement activities will be offered throughout the year only for Registered Alternate Mode Users (AMU). The Trip Reduction Program wants you to know we appreciate your contribution to cleaner air!