The Office of Government Relations (OGR) represents the interests of the Maricopa County Community College District by serving as lead advocate with elected and appointed officials, their staffs, and governmental bodies on issues that may impact MCCCD, as well as any other governmental policy or regulatory matters. The OGR collaborates with the institutional community at the local, state, and federal levels of government. Agencies, business & industry, the general public, and the P-20 pipeline are key community members we work with to develop and cultivate partnerships and garner support to advance MCCCD’s missions and priorities.
This is accomplished by:
- Building awareness and understanding of the Maricopa Community Colleges and showcasing programs to sustain and increase political, community and financial support.
- Securing funds and promoting policies that preserve mission integrity.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to assist the Board, the Chancellor, Presidents, executives, and faculty in their public service role.
- Facilitating engagement and collaboration between the institutional community and elected leaders.
- Maintaining communications that keep Maricopa’s faculty and staff aware of important, relevant opportunities and pitfalls in the government environment.
- Informing Maricopa’s constituencies (students, employees, alumni, community and the general public) of relevant actions in public arenas.
Our efforts are conducted at the direction of the Office of the Chancellor and the Associate Vice-Chancellor of Public Affairs.