Here are direct links to official administrative regulation language for the selected administrative regulations included in the Blue Book print version below.
What is the Blue Book?
The Blue Book is a living document that features select Governing Board policies and administrative regulations of the MCCCD, as well as the All Employee policy manual.
The list is not inclusive, but does showcase areas all employees should be aware of. For a comprehensive collection of all approved policies and administrative regulations, click on the links above or download the Maricopa Governance policy manual.
In order to be more fiscally responsible, as well as to promote environmental sustainability, the Blue Book will be made available online with the most current version available in a PDF format. This way, employees may print only the sections pertinent to their work as needed.
The 2011 edition replaces the 2010 edition. Effective May 1, 2013, the Staff Policy Manual will be used. The Blue Book will no longer be updated.
Each employee is required to complete a set of acknowledgements and disclosures. For your convenience, a link to the Disclosure Reporting site is included here.
Revisions to the Blue Book Since Previous Publication (Effective May 1, 2013 the Staff Policy Manual will be used).
Page numbers relate to the Blue Book PDF for that year.
- Removed the All Employee Manual as it will be incorporated in the new, combined Job Group Policy Manual
- Use of College Facilities - Amended 04/11/12 pg. AR-1
- Travel - Amended x pg. AR-12
- College Environment - Amended 03/13/12 pg. AR-32
- Smoke-Free/Tobacco-Free Environment - Amended 03/13/12 pg. AR-56
- Breath Easy Smoke Free | Tobacco Free Enforcement Guidelines - Adopted 06/13/12 pg. AR 74
- Non Discrimination Policy - Amended 03/13/12 pg. AR-75
- Workplace Violence Prevention - Amended 05/22/12 pg. AR-100
- Guidelines for Service Animal on Campus - Amended 05/29/12 pg. APPNDX-11
- Procedure for Use of College Grounds - Amended 03/13/12 pg. APPNDX-13
- State on the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (Proposition 203) - Amended 03/13/12 pg. APPNDX-14 bb2011
- Tuition Waiver Educational Assistance - Amended 06/28/11 pg. AEM-3
- Public Stewardship and Ethics - Location Moved 06/29/11 pg. AEM-6
- Use of College Facilities - Amended 01/10/11 pg. AR-1
- Maricopa Emergency Management System (MEMS) - Amended 11/07/11 pg. AR-41
- Electronic Communications - Amended 01/10/11 and 06/27/11 pg. AR-42
- Technology Resource Standards - Amended 01/10/11 and 06/27/11 pg. AR-45
- Alcoholic Beverage Usage - Amended 01/10/11 and 06/27/11 pg. AR-53
- Retrieval, Disclosure and Retention of Records - Amended 06/27/11 pg. AR-56
- Social Media - Adopted 11/07/11 pg. AR-66
- Non-Discrimination - Amended 09/29/11 and 09/27/11 pg. AR-70
- When the Board adopted its new Board Policies, policy language previously located under "Board Auxiliary" were moved to a new section under Administrative Regulations called "Board Resources (Section VI);" changes to these administrative regulations require Board approval - Amended 02/22/11
- Administrative Leave (AR-75)
- Arizona Student Loan Code of Conduct (AR-75)
- Awarding of Emeritus Distinction (AR-78)
- Background Checks (AR-79)
- College Course Materials (AR-79)
- Employment Standards (AR-81) - Amended 06/28/11
- Executive Stewardship (AR-82)
- Identity Theft Red Flag and Security Incident Reporting (AR-83)
- Internal Control (AR-85)
- International Travel (AR-87)
- Public Stewardship and Ethics (AR-89)
- Requests for Public Records (AR-90)
- Special Services Employments (AR-91)
- Whistleblower Protections (AR-92)
- Workplace Violence Prevention (AR-94)
- S-14 Procedure for Petition Signature Solicitation - Amended 07/06/10 pg. APPNDX-11
- S-15 Procedure for Solicitation - Amended 07/06/10 pg. APPNDX-12
- AS-11 MCCCD Social Media Best Practice Guidelines - Adopted 11/07/11 pg. APPNDX-18
- Active Retirement Program was discontinued on July 1, 2010. Language was removed from the book.
The entire manual has been reformatted to reflect the original numbering conventions established in both the All Employee and Maricopa Governance policy manuals.
- Active Retirement Program - Amended 03/23/10 pg. AEM-4
- College Course Materials - Amended 06/22/10 pg. POLICY 8
- Identity Theft Red Flag and Security Incident Reporting - Adopted 09/22/09 pg. POLICY 11
- Requests for Public Records - Amended 03/23/10 pg POLICY 16
- Gifts, Gratuities and Unrelated Compensation - Adopted 09/22/09, Amended 05/26/10 pg. AR-23
- Maricopa Emergency Managment System (MEMS) - Adopted 05/07/10 pg. AR-40
- Technology Resource Standards - Amended 02/24/10 pg. AR-41
- Weapons Policy - Amended 02/24/10 pg. AR-48
- Use of MCCCD Marks - Adopted 01/25/10 pg. AR-48
- Non-Discrimination Policy - Amended 03/23/10 pg. AR-60
- Jury Duty - Amended 06/23/09 pg. 11
- Voting for Public Elections - Amended 12/9/08 pg. 13
- Arizona Student Loan Code of Conduct - Adopted 10/28/08 pg. 14
- College Course Materials - Adopted 11/25/08 pg. 19
- Executive Stewardship - Adopted 05/27/08 pg. 21
- Clarification to Abuse-Free Environment (see Legal Consequences section) - Amended 10/22/08 pg. 33
- Alcoholic Beverages Usage Regulation - Amended 07/22/08 pg. 34
- Consensual Relationships - Adopted 02/25/09 pg. 40
- Domesticated Animals on Campus - Adopted 09/23/08 pg. 43
- State Employees, Access to Internet Pornography Prohibited - Added 09/10/08 pg. 62
- Clarification to Tobacco-Free Environment - Amended 10/22/08 pg. 65
- Addition to Appendices: Guidelines for Incidental Computer Usage (AS-8) and Guidelines for Incidental Telephone Usage (AS-9) - Added 11/3/08 pg. 92-93