Maricopa Community Colleges' Residency Web (www.maricopa.edu/residency), provides a review of State legislation regarding citizenship, legal status, residency and the use of public funds and Maricopa's response to same.
Questions about this website may be directed to the Office of Public Stewardship, (480) 731-8880.
In addition, MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.2.2 contains the admissions policy, classification and procedures of the MCCCD.
History of Major Revisions Since Creation
Below is a timeline of changes to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) initially prepared by MCCCD Office of General Counsel (Legal) regarding legislative compliance with HB 2008, SB 1070 and Prop 300. Edits were in response to discussions among the Task Force and other functional councils as MCCCD processes were evaluated. The FAQ evolved into a detailed handbook including additional resources related to compliance.
- 09/2/15 - Removed Handbook for HB2008, SB1070 and Prop 300:FAQs Related to Legislative Compliance, June 2011, Maricopa Community Colleges from website. No longer applicable.
- 09/27/12—Revised Handbook's visa chart
- 08/31/12—Revised Handbook throughout to correctly reference "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)"
- 03/13/12—Revised Handbook MCCCD Administrative Regulation Appendix S-1: Residency for Tuition Purposes per the Administrative Regulation approval process / catalog common pages review for 2012-2013
- 08/15/11—Revised Handbook to include a new question and answer on student travel and an appendix item on scholarships from the Maricopa Foundation
- 06/23/11—Revised Handbook for HB 2008, SB 1070 and Prop 300: FAQs Related to Legislative Compliance, June 2011, Maricopa Community Colleges posted on web
- 06/22/11—Handbook title changed to Handbook for HB 2008, SB 1070 and Prop 300: FAQs Related to Legislative Compliance, June 2011, Maricopa Community Colleges and a new question and answer was added to address undocumented student participation in field trips, athletics, travel and riding in district vehicles; the appendices were revised to include:
- Application for Student Travel
- MCCCD Administrative Regulation Appendix S-1: Residency for Tuition Purposes
- 03/31/11—Handbook appendices were revised to include:
- Application for Student Public Policy Forum (SPPF) Students
- Maricopa Talent Waiver Applications
- Revised Visa Chart
- 01/13/11—Handbook title changed to Maricopa Community Colleges Hand Book for Residency, Citizenship and Legal Status, January 2011 and was revised to include "Summary of Citizenship/Legal Status (formerly Prop 300)" and "Identification Requirements for Residency, Citizenship and Legal Status;" the appendices were revised to include:
- Sample Grant Application: Dual Enrollment
- Visa Chart
- 11/04/10—FAQ included in a new document, tentatively titled Maricopa Community Colleges Immigration Hand Book, November 2010 which also included an appendix section with the following:
- ACE Application Process
- ACE Talking Points
- Sample ACE Application: Maricopa Grant
- Sample ACE Application: Maricopa Foundation
- Sample ACE Student Acceptance Letter
- SOAR Council Talking Points
- 10/14/10—Added a question and answer regarding private donor scholarships being subject to the provisions of HB 2008 when deposited into an MCCCD account; distributed to the Colleges on 10/22/10
- 09/30/10—Added "This does not apply to applications for the private scholarship funds held in and distributed by the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation" along with the URL to the Foundation's web site to the standard disclaimer on all forms and posters prepared for distribution
- 09/08/10—Substantive changes to the FAQ to address specific programmatic questions from the Task Force, required reporting procedures and additional clarification on the implications of HB 2008 and SB 1070
- 08/19/10—Initial FAQ prepared, includes summary information and Q&A regarding HB 2008 and SB 1070
Page Updated 9/16/15